lunedì 26 gennaio 2009

How to react to new market conditions

In this kind of market volatility it's just crazy so trading can be difficult even if you are using the best strategy(IMHO the best one is Algs Intraday Trading Strategy).
I do two basilar things : less size and larger stop . I double the stoploss value from 25 t0 50 and also divide the lot size by two. You can also use 100 pips stop loss and divide the lot size by four. In this way you will be risking the same amount of money per trade.
What is really important is that you keep on trading only in the direction of the main trend. In this way if you make a mistake you have big chance that the trend will get you out of your problem
When i feel unshore about my entry I use very small position and i add new position on the way. I do this every 20 or 30 pips . Some time I use 50% fib for re enter a trade.

In Algs blog many people ask about where to enter . I always try to get my entry as closer as possible to the pivot level given by Alg . I do not use pending order because before i make my entry I want to see a bounce to confirm that a reversal is happening.
"Price does not like support or resistance levels. It mostly tests them and then moves away quickly. You’ll rarely find much price action in the vicinity of the line. If price is hanging around a support or resistance level, it’s likely to break in the opposite direction. "

Another important issue is how to take profit. In one of algs video he reccomend that we should not close completely our position . I totally agree . Personally i don't use take profit , i let my trade ride and i use manual trailing stop so they stop when there is a strong retracement. Trailing stop is worth only if you leave enaugh room to small retracement to happen.

6 commenti:

Jonathan Groff ha detto...

What is really important is that you keep on trading only in the direction of the main trend. In this way if you make a mistake you have big chance that the trend will get you out of your problem. Binary Partners

Anonimo ha detto...

Agreed with you but want to add that forex trader must be updated with the current market situation to rreact appropriately. I am also dealing with a PAMM Account trading,read your blog and found it informative. Please keep updating

CapitalStars07 ha detto...

I really Agree With you Sir . Give More updates and keep it sir .Thanks
Agri Commodity Tips

bhoomi ha detto...

Updated news & good advice, I am reading your post with great interest. Thanks ... Forex Trading tips

Unknown ha detto...

Your blog post article is nice keep it up.............
intraday tips for tomorrow

Forex Signals ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.